Current Top Sellers
HQ Hydra II 420 Kiteboarding Trainer Kite | Water Relaunchable | Free DVD and Wind Meter
HQ Hydra II 420
Strong Power / True Size: 4.5 Square Meters / Recommended Wind Range: 8 - 18 mph
The Hydra II: Our Best Trainer Kite for Learning Kiteboarding and Kitesurfing
Learning to fly a kite in the water as well as on land is a huge benefit. Kiteboarding is a water sport, so why not start with a trainer kite that allows you to train both in the water and on land? For example, learning to control your kite while being dragged through the water is much different than just flying your kite on land.
The HQ Hydra II is the first and only water re-launchable foil trainer kite. The kite is extremely stable and easy to fly.
- Its closed cell ram–air foil has no bladders to inflate or replace, yet it floats on water.
- It has been carefully designed to allow for greater agility and power in the turns.
- A third line provides a safety system and the ability to reverse launch the kite, which is valuable for beginning kiteboarders, making it the perfect kite choice for beginners.
Kite Uses For the Hydra II 420
The Hydra II 420 trainer kite is good for learning kite flying skills on land, water, and snow. This kite flies good in lighter winds. It generates some strong power and pull in moderate winds for:
- heavier kiters
- water body-dragging exercises
- Snowkiting for a beginner on a hard packed snow
The Hydra II 420 has been carefully designed to improve aerodynamics and reduced bridling to provide the best and most stable flying experience for beginning kiteboarders.
The Hydra II Comes In Three Sizes:
- Hydra II 300. True Size 2.6m Square Meters. Medium Pull.
- Hydra II 350. True Size 3.5m Square Meters. Strong Pull.
- Hydra II 420. True Size 4.5m Square Meters. Stronger Pull.
Hydra II 420 includes:
- Lightweight shoulder bag
- Dyneema Line Set (inkl.): 220 kp, 3 x 20 m
- Safety Control Bar 50 cm / 20''
- Safety Wrist Leash attached to 3rd Line
Wind Speeds: 8mph - 20mph
Posted by Robert on Friday, August 12, 2016
Great Trainer! I'm very happy I went with a 4 meter kite instead of a 2 meter!!!; and then water re-launchable, but I haven't had opportunity to try a water launch yet.
Kite turns a little slow sometimes? But I've found I can reach my hand and pull whichever control line myself, and get save the kite/get some serious power =)
Went out on an 8mph day, but it felt like even less, and was able to keep her in the air with strokes =D
I highly recommend this trainer; would recommend to a friend. =)