Current Top Sellers
HQ Hydra II 420 Kiteboarding Trainer Kite | Water Relaunchable | Free DVD or Wind Meter
HQ4 Hydra 420
Water Relaunch Made Simple. Learning to fly a kite in the water as well as on land has some great benefits. Kiteboarding is a water sport, so why not start with a trainer kite that allows you to train both in the water and on land? For example, learning to control your kite while being dragged through the water is much different than just flying your kite on land.
The Hydra is an excellent choice for Water, Land, & Snow
- Super high quality
- Easy to fly
- Great performance
The Hydra is HQ's first water re-launchable closed cell foil trainer kite. The kite is extremely stable and easy to fly.
- Its closed cell ram–air foil has no bladders to inflate or replace, yet it floats on water.
- It has been carefully designed to allow for greater agility and power in the turns.
- A third line provides a safety system and the ability to reverse launch the kite, which is valuable for beginning kiteboarders, making it the perfect kite choice for beginners.
Kite Uses For the Hydra 420
The Hydra II 420 trainer kite is good for learning kite flying skills on land, water, and snow. This kite flies good in lighter winds. It generates some strong power and pull in moderate winds for:
- heavier kiters
- water body-dragging exercises
- Snowkiting for a beginner on a hard packed snow
The Hydra II 420 has been carefully designed to improve aerodynamics and reduced bridling to provide the best and most stable flying experience for beginning kiteboarders.
The Hydra II Comes In Three Sizes:
- Hydra II 300. True Size 2.6m Square Meters. Medium Pull.
- Hydra II 350. True Size 3.5m Square Meters. Strong Pull.
- Hydra II 420. True Size 4.5m Square Meters. Stronger Pull.
Hydra II 420 includes:
- Lightweight shoulder bag
- Instructional Manual
- Dyneema Line Set (inkl.): 220 kp, 3 x 20 m
- Safety Control Bar 50 cm / 20''
- Safety Wrist Leash attached to 3rd Line
Wind Speeds: 3mph - 18mph
Amazing service and kite trainer
Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
I had a great time flying it the last few days, it was very fun. The kite could be a bit challenging with a strong wind, it even lift me on land. I received the product on time and got a good discount. for it. Kiteware contacted me to let me know they were running out of free additional gifts and recontacted me again to let me know they were sending it after reordering them. Overall great experience, and great product.
Posted by Unknown on Monday, May 20, 2019
Honestly I have wanted to get into power kiting for almost 8 years now and after so long I was finally able to get the Hydra 420. It's an amazing kite that is just a joy to fly and is a great kite for a beginner like me who is just getting into the sport. It gives me enough pull to learn how to fly a kite and get some good jumps in without making me feel like I am being over powered leaving me in control to learn and prep myself for the next step and getting a larger kite.
Posted by Robert on Friday, August 12, 2016
Great Trainer! I'm very happy I went with a 4 meter kite instead of a 2 meter!!!; and then water re-launchable, but I haven't had opportunity to try a water launch yet.
Kite turns a little slow sometimes? But I've found I can reach my hand and pull whichever control line myself, and get save the kite/get some serious power =)
Went out on an 8mph day, but it felt like even less, and was able to keep her in the air with strokes =D
I highly recommend this trainer; would recommend to a friend. =)